North Street Car Park Penrith
Penrith City Council
AS/NZS 1158 P11
As a result of the growing population and close proximity of the Badgerys Creek Airport, the Penrith City Council (PCC) identified a need for more car parking spaces in the city. With higher traffic after dark a high grade lighting solution was also required for visibility and safety.
It was determined by the PCC that the North Street site was the ideal location for this new car park and in early 2018, the council issued a RFT for the construction of a 243 space car park on the southern side of the railway corridor. In conjunction with this project the PCC also required a cost-effective, robust lighting solution to allow around the clock access to this new piece of infrastructure.
- 32x AE3S70N Solar Street Lights
- Combination of 130W & 260W Solar Engines
- 10W LED Maximum output power (Dusk to Dawn operation)
- Adaptive lighting control automatically dims lights to 30% during inactivity
- Lithium-ion batteries provide 10+ years maintenance-free life span
- Lowerable poles allow cost-effective servicing safely from ground level
- Future proofed with built-in wireless control and monitoring system
In conjunction with Leadsun’s advanced and sustainable lighting system, which included 6 Twin Arm lighting systems with 1200mm outreaches, lowerable EZYpoles were chosen to support the solar units for ease of access for any future maintenance. Four of the poles were strategically positioned at the steel ramp way leading to and from the car park linking it to the shopping precinct and nearby public transport.
This solar lighting solution will operate at full brightness from Dusk to Dawn and allows commuters and patrons the convenience of an easy accessible and safe passage to and from this car park. This cost effective lighting solution has also eased the traffic congestion for the community and the council has acknowledged this project as a sustainable win for all.