School access lane is now safe, secure and beautifully lit with sustainable solar bollards
Rangeview Primary School
AS/NZS 1158.3.1 P3/PC3
Rangeview Primary School in Mitcham is known for providing an exciting educational program within a caring and supportive environment. However a long walkway known as “The Green Mile”, used by staff, parents and pupils to enter and exit the school wasn’t appealing or practical for pedestrians during the hours of darkness due to the inadequate lighting.
Neighbouring properties undisturbed by the new lights
It was crucial that any lighting solution was sympathetic to the location’s ambiance and avoided disturbing neighbouring residents with light spill.
New bollard lights quickly installed without fuss or disruption
Due to a Leadsun director’s association with the school, Leadsun donated a series of grid-free solar powered bollard lights for ‘The Green Mile’ which were quickly installed without fuss or disruption. The well-lit walkway now creates a positive impression and a sense of safety and security.
The solar powered LED Bollards have a sharp cut-off that eliminates light spill, glare and disturbance to neighbours. The sleek modern appearance perfectly suits the walkway.
- LED output = 5W
- Programmable adaptive lighting control
- Patented Lithium-ion batteries provide 10+ years maintenance-free life span
Modern bollard lights are both robust and aesthetically pleasing
- The sturdy, stylish bollards are ideal for the green walkway which now looks especially majestic at night.
- The bollards were expertly positioned to provide illumination in accordance with the public lighting compliance standards.
- Asymmetrical light distribution delivers illumination to the sides of the bollards which is perfect for the laneway.
Warm layered lighting sustainability provided with grid-free solution
- Avoids light spills into surrounding areas and neighbouring properties.
- The lights provide ample lighting and safety during the high use times.
- The lights are pre-programmed to operate from dusk to 11pm which was very well received by the families.
- Parents and pupils now walk to evening events in the safety of warm layered lighting using the clean energy of the sun.
Our biggest thanks to Jeoff Cuberes and the team at Leadsun Australia for the incredibly generous donation of the new solar lighting for our family walkway ‘The Green Mile’. This new lighting allows parents and students to walk safely into and out of the school for evening events! You have really ‘lit the way for our students’
Marika Ferguson – Assistant Principal
Rangeview Primary School